The Aokigahara Forest is the most popular site for suicides in Japan. After the novel Kuroi Jukai was published, in which a young lover commits suicide in the forest, people started taking their own lives there at a rate of 50 to 100 deaths a year.
The site holds so many bodies that the Yakuza pays homeless people to sneak into the forest and rob the corpses. The authorities sweep for bodies only on an annual basis, as the forest sits at the base of Mt. Fuji and is too dense to patrol more frequently.
Originally released in 2011 on vice.com
Need help? In the U.S., call 1-800-273-8255 for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
Click here to subscribe to VICE:
The Definitive Guide To Enlightening Information. From every corner of the planet, our immersive, caustic, ground-breaking and often bizarre stories have changed the way people think about culture, crime, art, parties, fashion, protest, the internet and other subjects that don’t even have names yet. Browse the growing library and discover corners of the world you never knew existed. Welcome to VICE.
Connect with VICE:
Check out our full video catalog:
Videos, daily editorial and more:
More videos from the VICE network:
Click here to get the best of VICE daily:
Like VICE on Facebook:
Follow VICE on Twitter:
Follow us on Instagram:
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- Nổ hũ club đón đầu giàu sang – Sân chơi game trực tuyến đẳng cấp
- Bật mí cách đọc vị xóc đĩa online chuẩn xác và chi tiết nhất
- Top 50+ Best Food Hat Custom Designs In Animal Crossing New Horizons – Design ID Code
- Ouija Board in Suicide Forest…| Aokigahara, Japan (scary)
- ECO | EP 6 | Quarry and Mortared Stone | Multiplayer ECO (S1)